Monday, February 1, 2016

The Ratner School Art Program

What a busy week and weekend we have had at the school! Sunday's open house was filled with prospective parents and students visiting our school. I always enjoy the opportunity to show others what our art program is like at The Ratner School. Every parent I met commented on the work they viewed throughout the school and how impressed they are with the skill and creativity our students exhibit. I am so proud of our students!  
We are currently working on a project in every art class to help raise funds for the maker space. There are many hand tools, fasteners and materials we still would like to purchase and all the students want to take part in helping build the space. We have contracted a company to create blank card sets with the artwork of each student represented on the individual cards. Many thanks to Sydnia Tcheurekdjian on finding a company to work with us. I am still working out the details of price and how you can purchase the cards, but I promise I will let you know when I get it all settled. The work is beautiful and I think everyone will be pleased to buy the cards featuring the artists of our school! 


I love the portraits the students draw of me and give as gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment