Monday, February 22, 2016

The Ratner School Art Program

We had a bit of an abbreviated week last week in art, but still managed to complete several projects. With the exception of the 3rd and 4th grade class, all the classes began their clay projects. I try to have everyone working on clay at the same time as the mess is tremendous and I try to keep the dust contained to a few weeks! I am getting the hang of working with clay and have enjoyed the projects this year. Because the kiln size is on the small side, it take me a while to fire everyone's work, but I will begin that process as soon as the clay dries enough to load the kiln. I have over 200 pieces to load this week, wish me luck. I have added a link to The River Gallery in Rocky River. They currently have a wonderful ceramic show in their gallery that would be worth the trip for your children to see. I think they will all have a deeper appreciation for ceramic work now that they have been creating art using clay.

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment