Monday, April 24, 2017

Kindergarten Art


The bowls and cups were fired this past weekend and they were all successful! I did not have any piece that broke during the firing and I am excited to show the students their work this week. It is always amazing to them to see the bright colors from the glaze. All the work will be coming home next week, as I want the students to see their work before I wrap it up to send home. All the ceramic work is food safe and while they say it can be put in the dishwasher, I would suggest hand washing the work. All the students are eager to eat cereal out of their bowls, I hope they will all hold be leak-proof! 
We began a printmaking unit last week in Kindergarten art and the students really enjoyed the process. They were careful following the many steps of the instructions and each student was able to pull a clean and successful print. They have all developed so wonderfully this year and I am impressed with the level of work they are creating. I may be able to hang up the prints for a short time so everyone can enjoy the work. Please know that there will be a lot of work coming home with the students before the end of the school year.



Using the brayer to apply ink to the printing plates

No comments:

Post a Comment