Monday, April 3, 2017

1st and 2nd Grade Art

We worked on a special project for the upcoming Gala in class. Each student created their own view of the world, using globes from my personal collection as a reference tool. The students could paint, draw, collage or use pastels to create the surface of their globe. As always, I was so pleased to see the techniques and skills with their work. They have grown so much with their material knowledge this year. I hope you have all enjoyed having the historical figure artwork in your homes, I hope they arrived intact! We have begun the ceramic unit in class and have constructed a pinch pot face cup with a stand. The work will be glazed this week and should be completed by next week. I love the creative work the students have with their face cups and am excited to see the glaze choices they make with their work.





No comments:

Post a Comment