Monday, April 24, 2017

5th and 6th Grade Art

While we were waiting for the bobble heads and stands to get fired in the kiln, I decided to do a quick unit on printmaking. I love printmaking and although it makes a tremendous mess and creates extra clean up, I always look forward to the students results. We approached the designs with a graphic art intent, using free form patterns and trying to add as much information as possible into the original printing plate. The students practiced pulling straight black ink prints first and then began experimenting with different colored inks and papers. Some of my favorite prints were printed on maps and watercolor background. I was very pleased with the results and the students were tremendously engaged in the process. 

                                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment