Thursday, October 3, 2019

The Ratner Montessori School Art Program

2019-2020 

Welcome to the 2019-2020 year art blog! Thanks to all my patient parents who have been waiting for the blog to get up and running. I will try to post the blog every Thursday, but forgive me if I miss a week here or there. As always, the classroom teaching comes first!
We have been incredibly busy since school started and the school is now filled with your child's work.  Each class jumped right into projects from the first week of school and we are all excited about the work being created. 
We received a wonderful donation of a large floor loom this summer and I have been learning to weave along with all the students.  The younger students are a bit too small to reach the pedals and the beater, but I am working on setting up a smaller table top loom so every student can experience weaving. They are enjoying the process and I hope you will all stop into the art room balcony and see the loom and their work.
If for any reason you do not want the weekly reminder about the art blog, please contact me at pfields@theratnerschool.org and I will remove your name from the list.

Thank you all for letting me guide your children in art, I love teaching them.

Our new (to us) Nilus Leclerc loom!

A small portion of the large weaving already being created on the loom



No comments:

Post a Comment