Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Kindergarten Art

We had an active class of building in art last week. The students are studying aviators and I developed a project where they could "invent" their own machines. I offered several material to them including styrofoam balls, wire, paper, tubes, pipe cleaners and wooden sticks. I did not give them glue or tape to use and did not show them how to attach any of the items together to construct their inventions. They relied on trial and error, using visual cues from their peers work, and pure inventiveness to create their work. Everyone had amazing narratives for their inventions and I was excited to see the great problem solving and joy in creating. I love working with the Kindergarten students, their enthusiasm is contagious!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment