Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The Ratner Montessori School Art Program

Last week was a bit off balance for me as the 7th and 8th grade classes were on their class trip. I always miss the students when they are away from school, but an entire week without a large group is very different. I did have extra time in my schedule to display all the Gala horses in the front lobby and we have had so many positive comments about the work. I enjoy hearing the students explain their work to anyone who is standing near the display and they are all enjoying hearing your comments. I am also excited to say that the last of the ceramic work has been fired in the kiln and the work looks beautiful! I had to do a bit of creative problem solving as the top half of the kiln stopped working as I was completing the glaze firing, but I was able to use the bottom half of the kiln successfully. "The Little Kiln that Could" has served the clay program well for 9 years, but it is definitely time for an upgrade.  More on that at a later date....


No comments:

Post a Comment