Wednesday, April 17, 2019

4th, 5th and 6th Grade Art

Work continues on the sewing projects. The students are getting better at choosing the correct size needle, able to thread the needle quicker, tie the end knot and run a smaller stitch than they were able to a week ago.  All the creatures are taking shape nicely and the students are beginning to think more creatively with their work now that they feel more comfortable with the mechanics of the sewing process. I had mysteriously lost my voice for a day of classes and the class was very quiet and mostly well focused while sewing. They made a lot of progress this week with their work and I am excited to see the finished project as I have never tried this approach before. I believe we will have one more week of sewing until the pieces are completed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment