Wednesday, October 24, 2018

7th and 8th Grade Art

We only have 3 students who have not completed their Scholastic Art pieces, so we began a new project this week. The art looks great, I will begin matting, mounting, photographing and entering the data for the entries soon. I will have a form for each student that wants to enter their piece that will need a parent signature. I am going to try to have everything ready for you to sign by conferences, I will keep you updated. 
We started a 3-dimensional cardboard sculpture project this week. I showed the students several examples of possibilities, and gave them a few guidelines to work with. I wanted to balance the intensity of the long term Scholastic project with a process that is more open ended and allows them extra creative freedom. It is great to see them experiment, mess up, start over and discover new ways of working. There is not much to show you yet, stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment