Wednesday, October 24, 2018

1st, 2nd and 3rd Grade Art

We finished the watercolor application on the observational flower drawings this week and the students were so receptive to adding details, value changes and used the materials very carefully. I had purchased very nice quality German made watercolors last year for the older students to use and I felt the younger students could handle the use of the expensive art materials. They had 2 lessons on how to "shop" for the paint pigment and how to control the pressure on their brushes. I realize it sounds like a simple process, but it is difficult for the younger students to curb their enthusiasm with paint! They did not disappoint and were so respectful and careful with the beautiful paints. The final pieces are vivid and the students were excited with the result. Students always amaze me with their capabilities and ability to exceed my high expectations. They are a remarkable group of young artists.





No comments:

Post a Comment