Tuesday, April 12, 2016

1st and 2nd Grade Art

We have had a great time exploring self portraits in art for a couple of weeks. The students created a portrait using found objects including puzzle pieces, buttons, paper, wire and maps. They "shopped" from a table with hundreds of choices to create their portraits and showed great problem solving in creating their work. I think they will need one more class to complete their work. 
We were able to catch a break in the weather on Wednesday and were able to go outside to make the volcanoes erupt! The 7th and 8th grade class helped out and the students had a fantastic experience. I realized I never posted finished shots of the ceramic bird nests for you to see. I trust all the ceramic work arrived home safe and unbroken.



 
I love cross-curricular projects!


                               

No comments:

Post a Comment