Wednesday, November 14, 2018

7th and 8th Grade Art

We had a few students that were not able to complete the upside down drawing exercise, so I extended the lesson so they could finish the work. The other students worked on a series of blind contour drawings. This process also helps with observation, slowing down the act of drawing and adds confidence to the mark making of art. There is a sense of freedom when you know the drawing is not going to look "right" and the students enjoyed the humorous results of the exercise. I am truly enjoying teaching this group of artists this year, they have brought great energy to the projects we have approached this year.  While I would love to share all their contour studies with you, they made me promise that I would not display their work. Sorry, but I have to abide by their wishes on this one.






No comments:

Post a Comment