Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Ratner Montessori School Art Program - 2018-2019

Welcome back to all the families and to our new families, I am so excited to get to know your children. This is my 15th year at The Ratner School and I love the role I have at this remarkable community. Each student comes into art twice a week, every week with the exception of the Kindergarten class. They have one class each week, but it is a longer class of a one hour block to help ease the transitions. 
I use this blog post to keep you all informed every week what we are working on in our art program. I will post in progress pictures and a quick description of the projects so you can be better informed about your child's art education. Each week I send out an email stating that the new blog has been posted. If for any reason you do NOT want the email reminder, please let me know 
(pfields@theratnerschool.org) and I will remove you from the list. 
We are continuing our ongoing collaboration with MOCA Cleveland and I have been working with them throughout the summer developing programing for our partnership. I look forward to several field trips and visits from their education department this year.
For our new families, I display every piece of art the students make in the school. I love hearing the comments and conversations they have about the work and know that the discussions are extremely important to their creative education. All the work will come home, I promise, it just takes time to return it! 
The obligatory Kusama shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment