Monday, March 6, 2017

The Ratner School Art Program

I always want to slow the year down at this point. I know we have created so many wonderful pieces of art and have experienced wonderful creative ideas, but I feel like the year goes so quickly. Spring break is almost here and I marvel at how quickly the year has moved. I enjoy displaying the finished work from the students and want to thank you all for your patience in getting the work of your child back home. I hope it all arrives home intact, it is one of the challenges of the art program.

The 5th and 6th grade students will be participating in a Cuyahoga Arts and Culture collaborative project with Ursuline College this week in art. The project is titled "All Our Relations" and has a focus on the various bird species found in the schools ecosystem. Jennifer Schwartz and other Ursuline professors and students will be presenting and working with the students this week in both art and science. I look forward to this collaboration and am glad the students get the opportunity to work with Ursuline College.


Image result for art drawings of Ohio birds
Work by Columbus, Ohio artist Alexa Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment