Monday, November 28, 2016

5th and 6th Grade Art

The cut paper Op-Art pieces have been completed and they look amazing! I was so impressed with the concentration and level of skill the students showed. As I stated in an earlier blog post, I typically have the 7th and 8th grade students do this project and it is normally a high school level project! I knew the students could handle the x-acto knives safely, but I was pleasantly surprised with the high level of detail they could accomplish. This is a fantastic group of well focused students in art. I will continue to present challenging projects for them this year. One of our next projects will be the construction of the cereal box rhombicosidodecahedron. If you could please save all the cereal boxes and any other thinner brown board boxes for the project, that would be appreciated. I will place a basket outside the art room for collection. Thank you for your help!



No comments:

Post a Comment