Wednesday, December 12, 2018

The Ratner Montessori School Art Program

I love having the ability to set the art program to the pace and needs of each student as we progress through the year. Several project that have taken many weeks to complete with one group of students may be completed in a shorter time according to the group I teach. I appreciate the ability to create a program that serves the creative needs of the students. I thought most the projects would wrap up before the upcoming Winter Break, but we may continue with current projects when the students return in January. I usually begin the ceramic unit after the break as it is a student favorite and a gentle re-entry back into the rhythm of school. I will not post a blog next week as the week is a bit disjointed due to celebrations and events. I hope you all enjoy a wonderful holiday season and am forever thankful for all your support and encouragement.

Photograph by Deborah Fields during the recent NC snowstorm

No comments:

Post a Comment