Monday, March 5, 2018

The Ratner School Art Program

We continue to move forward on many processes and projects across all the grade levels. The students are still engaged, excited about the work they are creating and eager to begin each day in art. I have not noticed signs of disinterest or spring fever (yet)! 
I am glad to say the last glaze batch is in the kiln as I write the current blog and all the work seems to be holding up well. I had a couple of small cracks appear in some of the larger work because the kiln cooled off too much due to the snow day on Friday. It fortunately happened to the older students work and they are usually understanding about kiln mishaps. 
I am excited about the upcoming summer art camp program at the school and hope the 1st-4th grade parents have considered the option for their child. I know it will be a fun and enriching experience and I am looking forward to the opportunity. 

My snow day photo

No comments:

Post a Comment