Friday, June 12, 2015

1st and 2nd Grade Art

We do two traditional end of the projects in art. The first project I always try to do with the 1st and 2nd grade class is solar prints. This, of course, depends on the fact that the sun will be shining on the day I want to do the project. We had a beautiful day this time and the students made some fantastic prints. The paper can be ordered through www.dickblick.com or enasco.com. The Nasco company offers larger sheets. (See the photo below for the kind I like to use.) All the students wanted to try several more prints, so I think if you can get them an entire pack to experiment with, they would love it! Our second year end project is the making and launching of paper airplanes. It is my version of a year in party in art. I am not big on cake, candy or food in the art room, so this allows us to celebrate in a maker way. The students had a great time trying to launch their airplanes from the balcony onto the playground. 


No comments:

Post a Comment